Welcome to WebSeis, the seismological home page of Zoltán Wéber!
Subsequent pages of this web site discuss the inversion and data processing methods I have developed, as well as the results of scientific research projects carried out under my leadership.
By navigating through the menu items, you can learn more about
- an optimal model parameterization procedure that can be used in traveltime tomography,
- the lateral velocity variations in the uppermost mantle beneath the Pannonian basin,
- a probabilistic waveform inversion method for estimating the source mechanisms (moment tensors) of weak local earthquakes,
- source mechanisms of Hungarian local earthquakes estimated by waveform inversion,
- and at last, but not least, my scientific activities in seismology and geophysical inversion.
Thank you for your visit!